The Tsogo Sun Moves for Life / MiniChess™ chess program at the Tswelopele Intermediate School near Welkom in the Free State under the tutorship of Tsogo Sun Moves for Life Tutor, McDonald Mabuya has been in operation for the past year.
This project is sponsored by Tsogo Sun Goldfields.
It has also been noted that participants in the Tsogo Sun Moves for Life chess program at the Tswelopele Intermediate School near Welkom have experienced a marked improvement of their ability to concentrate better within the school environment.
What are the benefits of playing chess for kids?
- Cognitive, intellectual benefits include:
- Development of analytical, synthetic and decision-making skills;
- Development of higher-order thinking; analysis of actions and consequences;
- and visualization of future possibilities;
- Motivation to become willing problem solvers and logical thinkers;
- Insight into the nature of competition, which elicits achievement;
- Engagement in research; and
- Ability to recognize complex mental patterns.
Tsogo Sun Moves for Life thanks Tsogo Sun Goldfields for their sponsorship and to TSMFL Tutor McDonald Mabuya for his passion and dedication to this project.
Tsogo Sun Moves for Life and MiniChess™ : Making a difference in the education of our children’s lives